Thursday, July 07, 2005

Five Favourite Cookbooks Meme

Seems like there are quite a number of meme going around in the foodblogging world. I have been tagged in two different meme in a week! I was actually rather worried that I might be left out because of my absense lately in updating my post. Oh well, I would have deserved that if I totally abandon my blog!

Pinkcocoa's Cookbook
♥ Pinkcocoa's Cookbooks
So I was tagged by Clare of Clare Eats to write about my cookbooks. Hmmm this is something I never have thought of doing before! I always wonder, with all types of meme, who exactly was the clever one that started a meme. It's really clever of them to think up of all those questions. And I will have to apologise to Clare here for my super lateness in responding to this meme. Forgive me, please!

♥ tabeshimashita @ pinkcocoa's kitchen bookshelf in July 2005
1. Total number of (cook) books I've owned:
I don't think I have that many cookbooks. I usually borrow them from the library. I also have quite a number of cookbooks back home in Brunei but I don't know how many exactly there are on my bookshelf in Brunei. So, only counting those I have here with me in Sydney, I have 40 cookbooks in both Chinese and English, most of them baking books.

2. Last (cook) book(s) I bought:
Pinkcocoa's Cookbook - Tigerlily Street Food
Tigerlily's Street Food by Rani King and Chandra Khan
It just so happened that I accidentally won a bid on ebay to buy Tigerlily's Street Food by Rani King and Chandra Khan. There are some pretty exciting recipes in it and I'll see if I can get around to making them. Oh yes, I spotted a Payasam recipe *yay*

3. Last (food) book I read:
The Icing on the Cake. A very cute book that I borrowed from the library. Great if you are after some cake decorating tips!

4. Five (cook) books that mean a lot to me:
Pinkcocoa's Cookbook - Donna Hay Modern Classic Book 2
♥ One: Modern Classic 2 by Donna Hay
I have never really owned any celebrity chef's books. I usually borrow them from the library so this book is very special because it is my first ever celebrity chef cookbook.

Pinkcocoa's Cookbook - Marie Claire Kitchen
♥ Two: Marie Claire's Kitchen
After noting my sudden passion in food and baking, a dear friend had given this thick book to me as a graduation present. I love the photos inside and how there are so many different types of recipes ranging from breakfast to cocktail party to dinner.

Pinkcocoa's Cookbook - Yasuyo Shida's My First Sweet Baking Book
♥ Three: My First Ever Baking Book by Yasuyo Shida
Yet again a gift from another dear friend. She came back from Taiwan and gave me this cute and very informative book that comes with step by step photo instructions. The shortcrust pastry from this book is one of the best I have ever had!

Pinkcocoa's Cookbook - Maggie Beer Maggie's Table
♥ Four: Maggie's Table by Maggie Beer
I fell in love with this book when I was visiting Adelaide more than a year ago so I decided to bought a copy while I was there. It was fairly cheap at A$30, seeing that it is such a huge and heavy book.

Pinkcocoa's Cookbook - Maggie Beer's Signature
Look, it comes with Maggie Beer's signature!

Pinkcocoa's Cookbook - Rosemary Brissendon's South East Asian Food
♥ Five: South East Asian Food by Rosemary Brissendon
Oh yes, great minds think alike. Clare and I love this book! This is the first cookbook without any photos that got me hooked. I have cooked several dishes from the book and they are really great! By the way, this book is from the library.

5. Which 5 people would you most like to see fill this out in their blog?
This is a hard one. I guess I will just pass it along to those who want to participate!