Sunday, May 22, 2005

A wild passion with Cookie Man!

Plateful of Cookie Man Cookies
♥ Cookie Man on my plate
I used to dream of having freshly baked cookies with milk right after school. I was always hoping that Mum would invest in an oven and started baking cakes and cookies, just as the typical Mums in American movies would. But Mum was always swamped with work and even busier when my little brother was born so she never did really get into cooking much.

Not that we weren't able to get cookies in Brunei; oh yes! we could get Chips Ahoy and Oreo easily, but it's just not the same as the goodness of freshly baked cookies. So you can imagine my excitement when I arrived in Australia and found Cookie Man!

♥ tabeshimashita @ Cookie Man on some time in May
One Plateful of Cookie Man Cookies
♥ And more cookies!
It looks like my Paddington Bear is having a wild passion with Cookie Man at the moment. They looked so loving and inseparable (see, bad Cookie Man is trying to hide dear Paddington Bear from me. grrrrrr) until Mummy Pinkcocoa came and took Cookie Man away! Wahahaha *evil pinkcocoa*

The first time I had Cookie Man cookies was at David Jones (DJ) in Adelaide. I immediately fell in love with these crunchy cookies. You had no idea how much weight I gained in just a short 2 months. I would buy a pack of cookies each time I visited DJ. And how many times I visited David Jones each week? Let me count..1..2..3.....Er, actually almost pretty much everyday! So you see, I gained so much weight that my parents could hardly recognise me!

Cookie Man
♥ Bagful of Cookies
I haven't had Cookie Man for a long while now, especially since I started to get into baking myself. I have been feeling lazy these few months with my adventure in baking and was craving for some cookies for afternoon tea. Naturally, I headed to Cookie Man.

Apparently Cookie Man has had a whole new image. It has turned from a bright colourful and cartoony design to this clean, cool and very sleek design. Looks like Cookie Man is growing up! This particular bag came from the Cookie Man store at DJ Food Hall. I don't know about you but I somehow think that the Cookie Man at DJ is much better than the other Cookie Man chains. They are crunchier, richer and smell much buttery too.

Cookie Man Cookies
♥ One plateful of Cookie Man Cookies
These are fresh baked cookies @ A$3.35 per 100g. There are many many varieties and flavours for you to pick from. Sometimes it can be hard to decide what you want. I was standing right there staring at all these delicious cookies, all screaming for me to take them home, probably for 10minutes. Argh. It was so hard to pick. In the end, I got a bit of every flavour. :-D

clockwise from bottom right:
♥ Chokky Rock
♥ Sesame
♥ Anzac
♥ Choc Jewel *yum*
♥ Triple Choc

More Cookie Man Cookies!
♥ Two plateful of Cookie Man Cookies
clockwise from bottom right:
♥ Smiley Face
♥ Wild Passion *yum*
♥ Choc Drop *yum*
♥ Shortbread *yum*
♥ Coffee Walnut

The Wild Passion is probably the most well-liked in the family, with every mouthful a tingling zingling passionfruit burst! I also love how it is shaped in lovely heart. My cousin was hooked on the wild passion when she visited Sydney years ago and she would get me to buy her bagfuls if ever I visited Taiwan.

My favourite is actually Choc Jewel and shortbread. The cute colourful little jewel on crunchy chocolate cookie is simply stunning and more-ish. The shortbread is rich and buttery with an almost melt-in-your-mouth texture. Besides these fresh baked cookies, Cookie Man also has other yummy little sweets such as brownies, slices and cream-filled cookies. For the health-conscious, there are also 97% fat free cookies!

Was I ever tempted to try the 97% fat free cookies? Nope. Not a chance. I love my cookies rich and buttery. I am loving cookies so much at the moment!

ps. I know there is Cookie Man in Singapore too. Saw it at Taka the last time I was there :)

Cookie Man
DJ Bondi Junction Cookie Man
David Jones Department Store
Westfield Bondi Junction
500 Oxford St
Bondi Junction NSW 2022
Ph: (02) 9619 1118

DJ Market St Cookie Man
David Jones Department Store
Ground Floor
Market St
Sydney NSW 2000
Ph: (02) 9266 5230