Monday, May 16, 2005

Sydney Royal Easter Show Part IV - Home, Garden & Lifestyle Pavillion

As promised, this will be my last Easter Show post for the year. Yes, no more Easter-related post. Oh hang on, I still owe an Easter Chocolate post, don't I? So er, should I post about it?

Creative Novelty Cake
♥ Creative Novelty Cake
I always make sure I visit the Home, Garden and Lifestyle Pavillion each time I visited the Easter Show. I love looking at the many beautiful, elegant, cute, cartoonish, novelty cake decorations! Just by looking at those cakes, I can feel the passion, love and energy these cake decorators had put into their cakes. Imagines all the hours they had put into making all the tiny decorations. I don't think I will ever have the passion to do so.

Of all the pretty cakes, I probably love checking out wedding cake the most. Yes, I admit I have a thing for anything that's pretty in pink or white. Even better when they come with lots and lots of pretty flowers.

♥ tabeshimashita @ Sydney Royal Easter Show on Easter Sunday 2005
Creative Rose Cake
♥ Rose Wedding Cake
This elegant rose cake won either first or second prize in the wedding cake category I think. I couldn't quite remember whether it came first or second but this cake is my favourite of all the cakes on display. I just love the tiny miniature details of the roses.

Creative Cake
♥ Sewing Machine Cake
Another beautiful cake on display. Check out all the tiny little details on the cake! It didn't really look like a cake. It looked more like a display ornament of some sort, dont you reckon?

There are so many more pretty cakes on display but unfortunately my camera ran out of battery! *aikksssss* Oh well, no more pics I guess so we toured the pavillion without looking like a tourist (think camera hanging in front of your shirt).

Devonshire Tea
♥ Devonshire Tea A$5.50
And soon it was afternoon tea time! *yay* Strange enough, my camera managed to snap up the last two yummy pics for the day when we reached the Country Women's Association Cafe to try out the legendary scones and jam, baked fresh at the Show. We had the devonshire tea - 2 scones and jam served with a cuppa tea.

Cream and Jam on our Scones - Devonshire Tea
♥ Scones and Jam
We slabbed on the cream and jam as thick as we could. The scones were delicious. It's light and spongy yet it felt a mouthful. It's slightly savoury too and a little crumbly. The best part was it was still warm!

I was hoping to show you another not-to-be-missed section of the Easter Show - The Showbag pavillion. But *sigh*, my poor camera who had been hard at work since 8am decided to go to bed early on the day. So I havent any showbag pics here. Perhaps next year and I will make sure I bring extra battery! Or even extra cameras, just in case.

Now Pinkcocoa officialy concludes The Sydney Royal Easter Show post for the year 2005!

Sydney Royal Easter Show
Sydney Showground
Sydney Olympic Park

Pinkcocoa's Related Post
Pinkcocoa's Sydney Royal Easter Show Part I
Pinkcocoa's Sydney Royal Easter Show Part II
Pinkcocoa's Sydney Royal Easter Show Part III